Couchbase Server provides below services:
- Data Service
- Query Service
- Index Service
- Search Service
- Analytics Service
- Eventing Service
- Data: Supports the storing, setting, and retrieving of data-items, specified by key.
- Query: Parses queries specified in the N1QL query-language, executes the queries, and returns results. The Query Service interacts with both the Data and Index services.
- Index: Creates indexes, for use by the Query and Analytics services.
- Search: Create indexes specially purposed for Full Text Search. This supports language-aware searching; allowing users to search for, say, the word
beauties, and additionally obtain results for
- Analytics: Supports join, set, aggregation, and grouping operations; which are expected to be large, long-running, and highly consumptive of memory and CPU resources.
- Eventing: Supports near real-time handling of changes to data: code can be executed both in response to document-mutations, and as scheduled by timers.